The Benefits and Uses of Shea Butter
Shea Butter is derived from the fruit seeds of the West African Karite tree. It is often found in skin treatments and lotions as it helps to heal and regenerate the skin as well as contribute to the skin’s soft and supple appearance.
Shea Butter is rich in antioxidants, as it contains vitamins A and E, both of which help prevent the signs of aging as they destroy free radicals. Shea Butter provides the skin with necessary essential fatty acids needed for the natural production of collagen and it offers mild SPF protection from ultraviolet rays.
- Anti-inflammatory Properties: Shea Butter contains special compounds known for their anti-inflammatory properties. For instance, Shea Butter contains cinnamic acid and lupeol cinnamate, which leads to the natural reduction of inflamed skin. This means that people who suffer from inflammatory skin conditions, like acne, eczema or psoriasis can benefit from using products containing Shea Butter.
- Healing properties: Shea Butter can improve and help heal burns, cracked skin, contact dermatitis, insect bites, hives, psoriasis, a rash, or eczema, the list goes on! Shea Butter is a natural fat used in other products to serve as a moisturiser.
- Moisturiser: The natural concentration of vitamins, essential fatty acids and antioxidant in shea butter make it a great intensive moisturiser for treating dry skin conditions. Great for all skin types it helps to give your skin an ultra smooth, flawless appearance.
- Hair Treatment: When it comes to healthy hair, it’s all about deep hydration. Shea butter is absolutely wonderful for your hair as it penetrates the hair follicles and strengthens the hair's cortex by infusing vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids, helping to reduce breakage and splitting. Shea butter also leaves your locks silky, shiny and incredibly hydrated!
- Diverse Uses: Shea Butter is used for the purpose of softening the skin, and it is put in a variety of beauty products for this reason. You can find shea butter in body butter, lotions, soaps, and massage butter, as it helps to enhance the natural elasticity of the skin.
As you can see, Shea butter can be used from head to toe! If you want to experience the incredible benefits shea butter has to offer, check out our selections of high concentration shea butter souffles here. All natural with no chemicals or fillers, vegan friendly and organic - our souffles are perfect for the whole family!